The Labour Ministry on Thursday declared 8 Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)-run hospitals across the country including Udaipur’s ESIC Hospital as COVID-19 facility.
Alternative provision has been made for providing medical services from tie-up hospital if an ESIC hospital is declared as a dedicated COVID-19 hospital to cater exclusively to corona suspected/confirmed cases.
ESI beneficiaries may also seek emergency/non-emergency medical treatment from tie-up hospital directly without a referral letter.
The ESIC has also allowed the purchase of medicines by beneficiaries from private chemist during the lockdown period and its subsequent reimbursement by ESIC.
The 8 Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) Hospitals will provide a total of 1,042 isolation beds for COVID-19 patients. Besides, the remaining ESIC hospitals in the country are also available along with 555 ICU beds and 197 ventilators.
The following ESIC Hospitals with 1042 isolation beds across India declared as COVID-19 Hospitals:
- ESIC Hospital, Ankleshwar, Gujarat: 100 Beds
- ESIC Hospital, Gurugram, Haryana: 80 Beds
- ESIC Hospital, Vapi, Gujarat: 100 Beds
- ESIC Hospital, Udaipur, Rajasthan: 100 Beds
- ESIC Hospital, Jammu: 50 Beds
- ESIC Hospital Baddi, Himachal Pradesh: 100 Beds
- ESIC Hospital, Adityapur, Jharkhand: 42 Beds
- ESIC Hospital, Joka, West Bengal: 470 Beds